Official Conduct Policy as adopted by The Norwich Radical editorial team on June 25th 2020.
This Conduct Policy aims to ensure that, as our writers are reflective of our publication, they need to be reflective of our values. This Policy applies to actions both taken within The Norwich Radical and further afield — on social media and in wider situations. While diversity of opinion and discussion around issues are valued, this should never supersede the values of safety and inclusivity.
- The Norwich Radical are committed to providing an environment free of racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, religious discrimination, or any other types of oppression.
- The Norwich Radical are committed to providing an environment free of bullying, name- calling or any forms of abusive behaviour.
- The Norwich Radical are committed to challenging these types of oppression whenever they occur.
- The Norwich Radical are committed to having a victim-centred approach when this policy is violated.
All members of The Norwich Radical team are responsible for their own language and behaviour.
Activities which are considered to violate this policy include, but are not limited to:
- Sexual harassment
- Using offensive language to refer to oppressed groups or individuals
- Mis-gendering or deadnaming an individual
- Making assumptions about an individual based on perceived characteristics
- Sharing potentially triggering articles online without content warnings
When this policy has been violated: If somebody feels a violation of this policy has occurred, they can inform a member of the editorial team. If the editorial team believes there to have been a violation of the policy, they can take immediate, appropriate action to address this. The editorial team can be contacted at email@example.com. Individual contact details may also be requested from an editor, to avoid the shared inbox and maintain confidentiality.
Appropriate action could include (without limitations):
- Requests for clarification about a situation or interaction
- Informal warnings and requests for an apology
- Formal warnings about behaviour
- Removal of an individual from The Norwich Radical team